THE OSD ADVANTAGE
MOST EFFICIENT WAVE GENERATION
- Wave made by a hull connected by screw jacks to a steel frame mounted on a flatbed rail car.
- Propulsion generated by hi-rail truck modified with a DC electric motor.
- Standard rail hitches and electrical connections provide for rapid change-out.
- Standard rail components use off-the-shelf rail control and safety systems.
- Single wave-hull drive train burns max 15kWh per hour per motor spec.
- Barrel creation via the Kelvin wake and basin design has been tested and proven in the Hydrodynamics Laboratory at the Australian Maritime College at the University of Tasmania, with the resulting test data forming the basis for the patent.
ARTIFICIAL REEF AND FLOW CONTROL
- Grids of submerged programmable fountains can direct flow 360° horizontally and 180° vertically, providing total directional flow capability.
- Directional and tangential flow cause the artificial reef effect, which changes the wave’s shape and break.
- Fountains can be fired separately or in unison in any direction – providing custom, random, and exact replication of ocean waves.
- Integrated flow meters provide real-time flow data and direct counterflow to still the water column between waves.
- Equipped with air pressure boost and LED lights, WET Design can create “pier runs” with vertical water fountains and numerous other effects.
- Contrary to published claims, regardless of the system used, all other manufacturers’ wave shapes are dictated by the shape of the basin bottom, and as a matter of physics can change only in height or frequency, not shape.
- Power consumption per surf hour less than 300kWh for all Webber Wave Pool systems combined, or 155kWh less than competitors’ published hourly wave drive power consumption rate.
- Infinite wave shape capability to prevent surfer and spectator loss of interest.
- Deep basin provides bigger waves and no need for shallow bottom surfing, preventing injury and board damage.
- Bi-directional wave drive keeps the surfer in the pool without the need to get out and walk around to get back in the lineup queue, as they must with bottom displacement and air pressure wave drive systems.
- Total Ride under drive power. Bottom displacement systems end the wave drive less than halfway through the ride. Air pressure system and ring surface displacement system waves are dying from the point of creation to the shore. Webber wave generators can vary the wave speed from 16 to 21 mph.
- Patented Webber Wave Drive Systems composed of mass-manufactured component integration, assuring readily available parts at the lowest possible cost, worldwide.
- Single component failure cannot interrupt operation, unlike with bottom displacement systems.
- Additional hulls and drives can double wave output or provide constant wave output backup.
- The Webber Wave Pool system is designed for 100% solar power.
- Water treatment systems enable 100% surface water capture reuse.
- Total sustainable development can repurpose brownfield sites to sports facilities.